The Alaskan malamute breed of dogs is the largest in the world, and it is a rugged breed that is ideal for use in colder climates as working dogs. It is very important before buying these dogs from Alaskan malamute breeders to know certain interesting facts about this breed. It is a wonderful breed of dog that originates from an Arctic landscape, and these dogs were employed by the Arctic explorers during their expedition as they possess good strength.
The main purpose the Alaskan malamute dogs were used was to pull sleds that carry essential supplies as well as for pulling sleds for a racing competition. These dogs are very intelligent and training them is not a difficult task. It is an active dog with a lot of stamina, and they are affectionately called as Mals by some dog trainers. To diffuse energy in the body of the Alaskan Malamute breed and help them develop their muscles it is very important to make these dogs do regular exercises and especially for pulling the sleds. Some of these dogs are a little stubborn and aggressive as well, and it is important to discipline them, and so they need to be trained well as early as possible.
Special Traits of Alaskan malamute Dog
- They can stay in habitats where normal humans find it difficult to live as they have soft and thick fur on their body and that protects it from cold.
- The Alaskan malamute dog is habited to cold climates, and it is an intelligent as well as a claim breed of dog. These dogs are loyal and are known to have a strong and natural hunting instinct.
- They are originally sought not only to hunt polar bears, but even seals and these breeds are the chosen ones especially for companionship.
- It has a large stature and a huge plumed tail and is regarded as best domestic dogs.
- These dogs love to exercise, and their life span is approximately 10 years. The main health issue that is observed in this breed of dog is cancer, and that has killed about 36% of the Alaskan Malonate breed of dogs.
- These dogs are also very possessive when it concerns food and hence they ought to be fed separately from other animals or dogs.
- They make great loving companions though they are stubborn and apart from racing they can also be kept as pets.
Fascinating facts about Alaskan Malamute Breeds
- The Alaskan malamute dog is especially known for their strength and endurance and is mainly chosen for expeditions in the Polar Regions.
- They not only have a great sense of smell but also are known for their sense of direction.
- These dogs love to be outdoors in cool weather and are perfect for weight pulling, carting and sledding activities.
- The thick fur on its body is about 1-3 inches, and it is an odorless coat which needs to be brushed at least 2 times in a week.
- They are prone to become obese and hence it is obligatory that they are fed with a few
- It is an impressive breed that is powerfully built, and its history is linked with the Mahlemut tribe.
- It has been confirmed from the DNA of this breed that they are the oldest breed of dogs.
- The Alaskan malamute breed is known to shed twice a year and heavily as their double coats are not suitable for the hot
- They are excellent as well as notorious diggers, and by providing them early training and socialization, they learn faster to get along with indoor cats and other dogs.
Care of Alaskan malamute Breeds of Dogs
The Alaskan malamute puppies are very playful and training them takes a lot of time. It is very important as an owner of this breed of dog to spend sufficient time with time and help them exercise. It is also important that the owner of this breed of dog must be an active outdoor person and who can train the dog to become fit and physically powerful.
It is essential that the Alaskan malamute puppies, as well as adult dogs, are taken proper care of as they can suffer from health diseases like hypothyroidism, cataracts, and coronary heart disease. They are even prone to bloating and hip dysplasia. They are generally healthy breeds but require proper care. It is an incredibly friendly breed that is very affectionate with family and even friendly toward strangers.
There are many dog breed centers all over the world, and different breeds of dogs are available for sale. It is very obligatory that the dog is bought from reputable Alaskan malamute breeders. These affectionate dogs love to settle in a calm surrounding and are known for their strong instinct. The main purpose of getting these dogs from reputable breeders is that the dogs are of good quality.
Alaskan Malamute Dog Pictures