If you are a pet lover, then you can’t stop yourself from this Pekingese breed of dogs. Often they are classified to be one of the ancient breeds of dogs that originated from China. In fact, it is their resemblance that shakes buyers certainly because some people consider this breed to be similar to lion appearance. Today especially the royal families are seen as the masters of this Chinese breed of dog. Other than this a wide range of characteristics and health problems are persisting among them.
Why are these breed popular?
- Often pet lovers demand of dogs that are smaller in size. So a Pekingese is extremely small but sturdy with a chunky build of posture.
- It is their appearance that often makes this breed as their preferred choice. In spite of their small size and face, a lot of boldness is energized with extreme courage when they look at others.
- Often dogs, when adopted as pets, are renowned because of their irregularities and negative character of fighting. But these breed of dogs is quite calm for their behavioral attitude which attracts buyers often at a glance.
Other features of this breed:
- Appearance: These breed of pekingese dog exist over the past years 2000 years. But over the passing time period hardly some transformations are seen across their look. In fact, these days long hair dogs are often loved by people be it at TV shows or at home. These dogs pursue a flat face with larger eyes and a compact body that is mostly lower in size. But this certainly doesn’t mean that they have a less muscular body. Their leg often obstructs their way and prevents them from walking.
- Coating: Not all breed of dogs stand the same chance of looking adorable. This simply depends upon the variety you are looking for. In fact, the pekingese dog is mostly seen in a wide range of colors. Often golden, red and sable colored dogs are common. But apart from them also some breed of black and blue colors are also seen among the group. Due to excessive hairs on their body often the latter breed of dogs faces lower amounts of pigments in their body and also light eyes.
- Size: Though a maximized range of features exists within a breed of dog, so it is necessary for you to identify them with the help of these features. Among this feature, the most significant one is their size. These pekingese puppies are often 7 to 14lb in weight whereas they are having a height of 6 to 9 inches. But sometimes you can even find a smaller size pekingese dog often referred as a sleeve. Excessive weight pekingese dogs are not easy to handle.
- Exercise: Being a pet dog it gets compulsory for them to be fit at times. So the same rule values for pekingese. A daily walk is required for this breed by their leader humans. Other than walk one can even make them play which will definitely take care of their exercise. Now you might ask why a walk is preferred. When dogs are not taken for walks often, health issues are seen prevailing among them. So it gets vital for masters to move on for a walk.
- Grooming: Usually these breeds of dogs are seen with lots of hair on their bodies. Such huge quantity of hairs may often get frizzy when left under airy surroundings. Daily combing and regular brushing of your pet’s hair would allow you to take proper care and avoid any issue. You can even make use of dry shampoo for your pekingese puppies to keep matted away from them especially in females. Also, go through their eyes and feet for a checkup to avoid burrs appearance on them.
This breed of dogs is generally healthy but sometimes may come across few of the health disorders like:
- Patellar Luxation which is commonly seen among small dogs. This type of syndrome is caused especially when the patella is not in a proper lining.
- Sometimes these pekingese breeders may also come across syndromes of BAOS where breeds face issues of the short
- Cryptorchidism is a special condition in which either of the testicles fails to descend.
- Entropion, Ectopic Cilia, are some more problems being faced by this breed of dogs.
What cares needs to be taken?
There is a strong need to take proper care for these pekingese breeders. Though these are meant for an indoor stay so develop good apartments for them. This breed prefers running and is free from a mind so a properly fenced area should be developed to preserve them in. Other than this a proper balanced diet for your pet is equally necessary to avoid poor health conditions.
Pekingese Dog Pictures